Labor Day celebrates the workforce in the United States, and rewards the workers’ diligence and determination. In other words, you deserve a Monday off! We are thrilled to offer some exciting activities for you to participate in this Labor Day weekend, September 2-5th, and hope you will enjoy your Labor Day in FXBG.
- Around the Town Trolley – If you have ever spent time in downtown Fredericksburg, you have almost certainly seen (or hopefully ridden!) our vintage trolley. Throughout the Summer, our trolley has been operating not only during the day, but on Friday and Saturday nights. In addition to taking a day tour of Fredericksburg on Labor Day weekend, enjoy the last evening trolley on Saturday, September 3rd, from 5:00pm-8:30pm.
- Art in the Park – On Saturday, September 2nd, the Fredericksburg Farmers Market will be hosting Art in the Park, welcoming local artists to showcase their gorgeous work with the community. Art in the Park is held every 1st and 3rd Saturday from May to October at the Farmers Market, and we are fortunate to have Art in the Park on Labor Day weekend.
- First Friday – One of our favorite monthly events, First Friday, is the perfect way to begin your Labor Day weekend. On September 2nd, grab a Sip & Stroll beverage from participating businesses, and tour the creative, gorgeous art galleries of downtown Fredericksburg.
- Fredericksburg Area Beer Trail – The breweries in Fredericksburg are consistently experimenting with new brews, as well as keeping their flagships on tap. Grab your FAB Trail passport and enjoy our wonderful breweries, including the recently opened Water’s End Brewery at Fredericksburg Square. Drink responsibly!
- Fredericksburg Nationals – From Friday to Sunday on Labor Day weekend, the FredNats will be facing off against the Delmarva Shorebirds at home. This series will be the last home games of the season, so book your tickets soon!
- Stories of the Battle of Fredericksburg – This summer series is hosted by the National Park Service, and highlights historical locations rarely seen, and stories rarely told. On Saturday afternoon, visitors are encouraged to converse with the reenactors or partake in programs led by park rangers at 10:30 and 2:00.On Saturday night, History at Sunset will be hosting Tunes of the Civil War, where musicians will perform stories and songs at Fredericksburg Battlefield. It is a beautiful way to spend a Saturday evening, particularly on Labor Day weekend.
- Learn Something New – Fredericksburg is full of history and knowledge, much of which is unknown to the general public. Our museums and Traipse Tours are the perfect way to learn more about this richly historical city.
- Rappahannock Adventures – The gorgeous Rappahannock River flows through Fredericksburg, and provides you with a number of fun outdoor adventures. Hike on the trails at the bank of the river, kayak or paddle board along the water, or keep a lookout for river otters; we cannot guarantee that you will see any otters, but it is definitely worth a look!
- Riverside Center for the Performing Arts – Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, a stage adaptation of the classic film, will hold its last shows from Friday to Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Purchase tickets to enjoy dinner and a show at Riverside.
- Scavenger Hunts – Itty Bitty City and FXBG Otters scavenger hunts are a great way for you and your children to explore downtown Fredericksburg. Explore the downtown architecture, and spot the adorable otters, in these intricate, exciting activities.
Have a fantastic Labor Day, and enjoy your day off! Follow VisitFXBG on Facebook.