As Spring approaches, we are hard at work preparing for some great festivities. As usual, there are a number of fun things to do in the coming season. Here are 12 spring events in Fredericksburg:
- Fredericksburg Fine Arts Show – The 72nd annual Fine Arts Show & Sale will feature a wide range of artists, whose work you can view at the Dorothy Hart Community Center on March 10-12. Proceeds will benefit the charitable programs of the Woman’s Club of Fredericksburg.
- BrickFair LEGO Fan Expo – Everything is awesome at BrickFair, which will be held at the Fredericksburg Expo Center from March 25-26. Play games, view amazing LEGO creations, and purchase LEGO sets. Tickets are $20 at the door, and varying prices (depending on date and time) online.
- Fredericksburg Nationals Opening Day – Words cannot express the excitement for Friday, April 7th, when the FredNats will have their Opening Day! Come watch our beloved team beat the Lynchburg Hillcats, and stay after the game for Firework Friday.
- Earth Day Festival on the Rappahannock – On Saturday, April 22, swing by Old Mill Park to celebrate our wonderful world and cherished environment. This free festival will have fun activities, food, and live music, among many other things to do.
- Fredericksburg Farmers Market – Beginning on April 15th, Hurkamp Park will host the Fredericksburg Farmers Market, every Saturday from 7am-1pm. Head on over to purchase authentic, homemade items, in a great effort to support local businesses.
- Pick Strawberries at Braehead Farm – Whether you are picking strawberries for fun with your kids, or picking hundreds for your seasonal smoothie routine, Braehead Farm is open for all of your strawberry picking needs. Strawberries at Braehead are available from late April into May, so swing by for a limited time!
- FXBG Brew Fest – Just like the Fredericksburg Area Beer Trail has put our city on the Virginia craft beer scene, FXBG Brew Fest at Fredericksburg Fairgrounds is another great way to enjoy some local and statewide brews. On April 1st (no joke), your ticket will cover unlimited beer samples, while you can also enjoy live music and food vendors. Tickets are $30 in advance and $40 at the door.
- Sprellyfest – Fredericksburg’s beloved gourmet peanut butter shop, Sprelly, is teaming up with its neighbor, Red Dragon Brewery, for a Peanut Butter Pairing Dinner. Along with MAP Food Truck, Sprellyfest will feature five courses of flavored peanut butter, delicious meals, and Red Dragon brews. Sprellyfest will be on March 31st from 6-9pm, and April 1st from 12-5pm. Book tickets today.
- Art After Hours at Gari Melchers – This spring, on April 27th and May 25th, head over to Gari Melchers Home and Studio to enjoy live music, drinks, and food trucks for Art After Hours. Admission is free and first come, first served, with drinks and food costing separate. Art After Hours will be from 6-8pm.
- FXBG Wine & Food Expo – On April 29th from 12-5pm, the Fredericksburg Expo Center will be open for wine sampling, food vendors, and more for the FXBG Wine & Food Expo. Buy tickets today.
- Great Train Race – This beloved race for kids will return to Fredericksburg on May 7th…for the 29th time! Kids have the option to run one of three distances, all of which begin at Fredericksburg Station. Register today.
- Marine Corps Historic Half – The revered, inspirational half marathon will take place in Fredericksburg once again. Race through Central Park and Downtown Fredericksburg on May 21st, in a wonderful effort to support the troops. Register today.
There are so many ways to enjoy our amazing city this spring, and we cannot wait for you to join us! Check out even more Spring happenings on Facebook.