Fredericksburg’s vast variety of events and activities will continue throughout December. From now until New Years, do not let the cold prevent you from enjoying everything that Fredericksburg has to offer. Here are some wonderful activities to add to your Fredericksburg Winter Break Checklist:
- On the eve of New Year’s Eve (December 30th), Historic Kenmore will hold its 8th Annual Wee Christmas Dollhouses & Miniatures Show. Buy a ticket (on-site only) to enjoy the immaculately crafted dollhouses.
- Ferry Farm, the boyhood home to President George Washington, is currently hosting its 36th Annual Gingerbread House Exhibit. The theme this year is “Architectural Wonders of the World,” and is the perfect way to enjoy some of the most expertly designed structures ever, but as a Holiday treat. The Gingerbread House Exhibit is on display from now until December 30th.
- Throughout the month of December, the Home of Gari Melchers will be decorated for the Holidays. The painting style of Melchers is on full display for this exhibit, and is the perfect way to keep up with the Holiday Spirit.
- Window Wonderland is still in full swing, and will continue to be until December 30th. Solve all the riddles in the windows of participating downtown businesses, for the chance to win a prize.
- The Fredericksburg Trolley is a classic way to learn more about our beloved downtown. Immerse yourself in the history of Fredericksburg with a winter Trolley Tour.
- If the weather is not too chilling, make the time to get some fresh air in Fredericksburg. Take a stroll in one of our wooded trails, or keep up with the Events page for any outdoor events hosted by Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation, including the First Day Hike at Motts Run Reservoir on New Year’s Day.
- There are plenty of indoor entertainment options in Fredericksburg, including at Fun Land of Fredericksburg, Reclaim Arcade, Sky Zone Trampoline Park, or Chuck-E-Cheese. Play with your kids at any of these exciting locations!
- Whether snow or shine (but especially snow), we recommend taking some photos at the LOVE Sign in Hurkamp Park, or at the Holiday Cards in Riverfront Park.
- It’s Stout Season! Enjoy a stout (or any craft beer of your choosing) at any of the wonderful breweries on the Fredericksburg Area Beer Trail. It is the perfect opportunity to earn some stamps on your FAB Trail Passport.
- Is it too cold to take pictures outside? No problem! The recently opened Selfie Social is a great spot to take some classic photos, and is conveniently located at Eagle Village.
- If you got some extra money for Christmas (or are looking for a great present for someone), there are plenty of wonderful stores to shop in FXBG.
- The FXBG Otters are still out and about downtown! Throughout this month, it is up to you to spot all of the otter sculptures in Fredericksburg. Complete the Otter Scavenger Hunt for the chance to win a prize!
- The Traipse Walking Tours in Fredericksburg is an app-guided way to learn more about the history, art, and stores of this richly layered city. Download the Traipse App and take a walk around Fredericksburg, all while experiencing our profound, vast story.
There are countless options to enjoy Fredericksburg this winter break.
Learn more about the happenings on our Events page and Facebook page.