The brisk breezes of spring have arrived, which means the golf season will soon begin. Surrounding the city of Fredericksburg are six exquisite golf courses, where you can finally hit that birdie, enjoy a drink at the clubhouse cafe, and constantly quote Carl Spackler from Caddyshack. Here are some great golf courses in the Fredericksburg region:
- Augustine – This beautiful course is based up in Stafford, and is the perfect course to perfect your putting and foot placement. Book a tee time today.
- Fredericksburg Country Club – Perhaps the most well known golf course in the Fredericksburg region is located four miles south of the city. Established in 1925, Fredericksburg Country Club is a wonderful, and classic location for a successful drive.
- Gauntlet – Prepare for a round at Gauntlet, where golf is only the beginning of fun activities. Gauntlet hosts a number of fun events, including the St. Patrick’s Day Swing this Saturday, March 18th.
- Lake of the Woods – The gated community in Locust Grove is also home to 18 holes, blanketed throughout the neighborhood. Also don’t miss trivia on Wednesday night!
- Lee’s Hill – On the outskirts of Fredericksburg in Spotsylvania County is Lee’s Hill Golf Club, where you can enjoy the greens designed by Bill Love, a renowned golf designer.
- Meadows Farm – Lake of the Woods is not the only golf course in Locust Grove. Meadows Farm is home to not only three courses, but the longest hole in the country. It’s a par 6, so start practicing your swing!
Book a tee time, find your happy place, and watch out for gophers while playing golf around Fredericksburg!