If you were in downtown Fredericksburg on the first Friday of this past February or March, perhaps you noticed people along the street sipping on an alcoholic beverage, and strolling into the local galleries. That is because FXBG First Friday has taken their festivities up a notch, and have some exciting new tricks up their sleeve (and drinks on their menu).
FXBG First Friday celebrates the art and expression that downtown Fredericksburg has to offer. Swing by the streets of downtown, whether it be by walking or trolley, to view the variety of art produced by our wonderful studios and galleries. Even more exciting, FXBG First Friday has included a new libational option from 5pm-9pm: Sip and Stroll. Adults (21+) who attend First Friday can purchase alcoholic beverages from local, participating restaurants to enjoy while they view the art of Fredericksburg.
As First Friday for April is this week, here is what to Know Before You Go:
- Sip & Stroll beverages will be served in marked cups, which will say which restaurant the beverage was purchased at. All guests purchasing Sip & Stroll beverages must wear a wristband, which will be given to them at the first restaurant they go to.
- Sip & Stroll beverage cups will be labeled with the restaurant’s logo, and must be discarded before entering another restaurant.
- Last call for Sip & Stroll will be at 8:30pm. All beverages must be consumed and discarded by 9pm.
- There will be volunteers and police will be participating in First Friday to ensure a safe environment. Drink responsibly and keep it fun!
- No outside alcohol permitted.
- Participating Sip & Stroll restaurants are Agora Coffee, Alpine Chef, Benny Viatli’s, Billiken’s Smokehouse, Capital Ale House, Courtyard Marriott, Curitiba Art Cafe, FoodE, Juan More Taco, Orofino, Rebellion, Sammy T’s, Sedona Taphouse, Soup & Taco, and Vivify.
Enjoy the wonderful art, delicious drinks, and downtown Fredericksburg!