“I love pizza so much, I get excited when I see the word plaza.” – Mike Birbiglia
Fredericksburg has a number of wonderful, eclectic restaurants that make delicious pizza. In honor of National Pizza Day in Fredericksburg next Friday, February 9th, here are nine wonderful spots to order a slice (or full pie):
- Benny Vitali’s – There is no better way to celebrate National Pizza Day than to order a slice that is bigger than your head. This New York style pizza joint on Caroline Street sells slices that are as delicious as they are gargantuan.
- Castiglia’s Italian Restaurant – a slice of pizza at Castiglia’s is always delicious.
- Mellow Mushroom – This delicious chain is known for their extraordinary, stone-baked pizzas. Head over to Mellow Mushroom on National Pizza Day to give their Funky Q Chicken or Holy Shiitake pizzas a try.
- My Little Italy’s Pizza – Head on down Princess Anne Street to enjoy My Little Italy’s Pizza, located conveniently in the Canal Quarter District.
- Paisano’s – fresh and piping hot. Great for delivery from Central Park.
- Obo Pizza – This authentic, wood-fired pizza chain is located in Central Park.
- Orofino – While Orofino is known for their gourmet pastas (and deservedly so), their pristine wood-fired oven cooks up some delicious, authentically Italian pizzas. National Pizza Day is the perfect excuse to gorge on these delicious, wood-fired pizzas.
- Primavera Pizzeria & Grill – This traditional, authentic pizzeria on William Street is great for both eating out, or ordering for delivery. Taste one of their specialty pizzas, or switch it up with a custom pie as well.
- Vocelli Pizza – Available for delivery, Vocelli is located in Westwood Office Park, right outside of Downtown on Plank Rd.
In the words of the former Twitter account for Pizza, “People are so fake. Pizza is so real.” Happy National Pizza Day!
Tag us in your pizza day social posts – @visitfxbg