Around the Town Free Trolley Service
The City of Fredericksburg offers “Around the Town” free trolley service for locals and tourists every Friday during the Summer. Provided by Trolley Tours of Fredericksburg, trolleys will run between 5:00pm and 8:30pm on Friday and Saturday evenings between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Free Trolley Stops
If you are looking for things to do downtown, the free trolley stops are close to a variety of excellent restaurants, coffee shops, art galleries, museums, parks, retail shops and public restrooms. The trolley makes a 15 to 20-minute loop of downtown and stops at six locations. (View the interactive map here)
- Fredericksburg Visitor Center at 706 Caroline Street
- Intersection of Caroline and William Street
- Intersection of Princess Anne and Hunter Streets by Carl’s Ice Cream and Mason Dixon Café
- Canal Quarter near Red Dragon Brewery
- William and Winchester Streets near Mellow Mushroom
- William and Charles Streets near Castiglia’s
🎨 First Friday
Please note that on the first Friday of each month, additional stops are added to stop at art galleries. See the First Friday Trolley Shuttle map for the locations of additional stops.
The free trolley stops are located close to parking lots and garages that have ample availability on weekend evenings. View the Downtown Parking Map for the location of available lots. Parking options include:
- The downtown garage at Wolfe and Sophia streets
- Parking garage at William and Winchester Streets
- The “VRE parking lot” at Frederick and Caroline streets
- The many surface lots along Sophia Street
- The parking lot at the corner of Charles and Amelia streets
Just look for the “Around the Town” trolley stop signs and hop aboard!
#aroundtowntrolley #fxbg #fredericksburg #visitfxbg