Fredericksburg embraces every holiday, and Thanksgiving is no exception. If you are spending your Thanksgiving weekend in Fredericksburg, here are some wonderful things to do with your family:
- Window Wonderland – Fredericksburg’s beloved annual tradition has returned for the Holiday Season. Use the Window Wonderland Entry Form to find all of the window riddles downtown. Once you’ve answered all of the riddles, drop off your entry form at the Fredericksburg Visitor Center for the chance to win a prize.
- Riverside Center for the Performing Arts – There are still tickets left for Riverside’s multi-night performance of Miracle on 34th Street, the classic Christmas tale. Purchase tickets here.
- Fun Land of Fredericksburg – From the Sky Trail ropes course to Laser Tag, Fun Land of Fredericksburg has a number of exciting games and attractions that kids of all ages can enjoy.
- Reclaim Arcade – Fredericksburg’s vintage, retro-arcade is a great spot for your kids to experience the games that you grew up with, from pinball to Galaga.
- Fredericksburg Museums – The vast history of Fredericksburg is featured at all of the city’s revered museums, including Fredericksburg Area Museum, Historic Kenmore, James Monroe Museum and the Washington Heritage Museums. Learn of how this city came to be through some exciting, intricate exhibits.
- Braehead Farm – Located just outside of Downtown Fredericksburg, the family favorite Braehead Farm is a great spot to have a homestyle lunch, and meet some adorable farm animals.
- Pictures at Riverfront Park – The full views of the Rappahannock River were recently unveiled at the stunning Riverfront Park, and is a great location to get pictures of the whole family. Additionally, you can take pictures of your kids in the pop-up present frames around the park.
- Turkey Trot – The Fredericksburg YMCA is bringing back the traditional race on Thanksgiving Day. The 30th Annual Turkey Trot is a 5k run that begins at 7:00am, which you and your family can compete in!
- Post-Thanksgiving Pizza – Before Thanksgiving Day, we can only think about turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing. After Thanksgiving Day, we all become a community Chandler Bings, and want anything other than Thanksgiving food. So have a delicious slice of pizza from Mellow Mushroom, Benny Vitali’s, Castiglia’s or Orofino.
- Whittingham Window Unveiling – Swing by Whittingham, the beloved cooking store on Caroline Street, to see the unveiling of its gorgeous holiday-decorated window on Thanksgiving Day.
🍽️ Looking for what restaurants are open on Thanksgiving Day in Fredericksburg? Read our Fredericksburg Open on Thanksgiving here.