In addition to earning your degrees at Germanna Community College and the University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg is home to a number of businesses who offer fascinating and insightful classes. Here are some classes in Fredericksburg to take:
- Centerpiece – One of the most cherished florists in Fredericksburg hosts a monthly flower workshop to learn more about what goes into these beautiful flower decorations.
- FXBG Parks and Recreation – There are a number of exciting art classes and activities to take with Parks and Rec this spring and summer. Give Parks and Rec a call, or swing by the Dorothy Hart Community Center to learn more.
- LibertyTown Arts Workshop – No trip to Fredericksburg is complete without a visit to LibertyTown, and the classes at LibertyTown are insightful and a true joy. The classes are for ages 5 and up, whether they be for pottery, drawing & painting, glass, and more.
- Pour – Pour by Fifth Scent Candle Co is the perfect store to purchase beautiful scented candles, as well as make your own in Pour’s candle making classes! This is a 90-minute guided class, which teaches you how to create a custom candle with the jar and scent of your choosing.
- When Pigs Fly – Located on Central Road, When Pigs Fly is a unique, wonderfully interactive form of painting. More specifically, When Pigs Fly offers classes on painting wood. It is a fun way to learn a truly creative style of art.
- Whittingham – The classic Fredericksburg store is known for its hands-on, instructional cooking classes. Call or swing by Whittingham this April for classes such as “What’s Cooking, Good Looking,” “Just Desserts,” and Duck, Duck, Mousse.”
- Wine & Design – Known for their fantastic, interactive painting sessions (with booze, of course), Wine & Design is the perfect spot to harness your artistic skills. Learn more about these classes from Destination FXBG.
We hope that you will enjoy these unique, creative classes that Fredericksburg has to offer. Get to learnin’!