As the boyhood home of President George Washington, Fredericksburg is the perfect city at which to celebrate Fourth of July. In addition to your cookouts and bottle rockets (we won’t tell anybody), here are some wonderful events to enjoy for Fourth of July in Fredericksburg:
- Children’s Roll & Stroll: Decorate your wagons and tricycles to participate in an exciting stroll through Caroline and Frederick streets.
- Fabulous Fourth at Ferry Farm: George Washington’s boyhood home is a wonderful spot to celebrate your patriotism. Play games, tour the home of Washington, and meet George Washington himself. Or should we say…a reenactor who looks just like Washington. It is a can’t-miss event!
- Fallen Heroes 5 Miler: Wake up early, lace up your shoes, and race through downtown Fredericksburg as part of the Fallen Heroes 5 Miler. This race is open to everyone to participate.
- Fireworks in Fredericksburg: Is there even a Fourth of July without fireworks? Come to Virginia Credit Union Stadium after the FredNats game to enjoy the most exciting fireworks in Fredericksburg.
- Fourth in Fredericksburg Festival: Come on down to Riverfront Park for arts and crafts, face painting, delicious food, and live music. Fourth in Fredericksburg will be filled with fun!
- Fredericksburg Nationals: On July 4th, the FredNats will face off against the Lynchburg Hillcats at 4:35pm. This sort of Virginia v. Virginia event is an exciting way to enjoy the holiday. Purchase tickets here.
- Public Reading of the Declaration of Independence: The steps of Hugh Mercer Apothecary Shop will play host to a live reading of the Declaration of Independence, history’s calmest declaration of war.
- Story Time for Kids: Swing by the Rising Sun Tavern Museum for enjoyable readings of children’s books, all of which chronicle stories of the American Revolution. The home of George Washington’s brother is a prime location for a Fourth of July event!
Happy Independence Day from all of us in Fredericksburg!