Now that you’re terrified, we can prepare you for some Halloween horrors…and fun. Lots of fun. From trick-or-treating downtown to learning of the spirits that haunt the city, here are some ways to experience frights in FXBG:
- Costume Stroll & Treats on the Streets – Do you have a costume ready? If not, start brainstorming! On October 29th, many businesses in downtown Fredericksburg are participating in our Treats on the Streets, the perfect way to enjoy some unique trick-or-treating. Any participating business will have balloons outside. We are excited to see each of your costumes; the more creative the better!
- Ghost Walking Tours – This October, every Friday and Saturday night, stroll the streets of downtown Fredericksburg and learn of the historic frights of the city. With Haunted Tours, you can tour the haunted locations in Fredericksburg…and may even see a ghost (not the Casper kind). On Sunday nights, at 5pm, tour the Fredericksburg Cemetery and listen to the tales of former Fredericksburgians. Spooooooooky.
- Halloween Movie Night – At 5:30pm on October 22nd, bring your blankets and chairs to enjoy a Halloween movie in Riverfront Park. We will have food vendors, crafts, and of course, a movie! The movie title will be announced shortly.
- Scarecrow Fest – While passing through downtown Fredericksburg, you may have noticed a lack of birds recently. That is because we are in the midst of Scarecrow Fest 2022. Grab a map and search downtown for these impeccably terrifying scarecrows; or, like us, jump at the site of one while walking to work. Scarecrow Fest will take place from now until October 31st.
- Trick-or-Treat on the Diamond – Our very own Fredericksburg Nationals will be hosting their own Halloween bash on Saturday, October 29th. Come to Virginia Credit Union Stadium in costume from noon-3pm to enjoy FREE trick-or-treating. The best costumes will receive exciting prizes!
Will you be participating in these spooktacular events? Tag @visitfxbg or post with #fxbg on social media, so that we can enjoy these nights with you; and, of course, so we can see your wonderful costumes!
See all the happenings on our Events page.