Resources for Runners
In 2021, Fredericksburg, Virginia, was once again designated as a “Runner Friendly Community”. If you are looking to go for a run while you are in town or live here and want to find a new trail or connect with a local running group, we have compiled a list of local running resources.
Fredericksburg Running Trails
- Fredericksburg GIS Map of area trails – the Canal Path and Central Railway Trail are paved and particularly popular with runners and walkers
- Trail Run Project – Fredericksburg Area
- AllTrails – Fredericksburg Area Trails
Local Running Races and Events
- The Fredericksburg Area Running Club holds their Grand Prix series of races throughout the year
- The Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon is held every May in Fredericksburg
Local Running Groups
Running can be a great social activity. Join a local running group to keep motivated, find new running routes and make new friends.