A fall in Fredericksburg is the best type of fall. This season of autumn, Fredericksburg is stepping up to the fall ball plate with a number of exciting events. Here are some wonderful, seasonal options for enjoying fall in Fredericksburg:
- Fall Harvest Weekends at Braehead Farm – Every weekend throughout October, from 9am-6pm, Braehead Farm will host its Fall Festival. Swing by this homey, lovely farm for a wonderful autumn experience.
- Unlimited Hayrides at Snead’s Farm – From September 24-October 31, Snead’s Farm will be hosting hayrides and pumpkin picking; the perfect activities for fall!
- Fall Harvest Festival at Belvedere Plantation – One of the many festivals this fall can be enjoyed at Belvedere Plantation. Swing by on weekends (Thursday-Sunday) from September 17-October 30th.
- Movie on the Lawn – On September 17th at 7:30pm, head over to Historic Kenmore to enjoy the classic film, 1776. Enjoy the historical film at one of the most historical spots in Fredericksburg.
- Oktoberfests – Three exciting Oktoberfests will take place in the heart of Fredericksburg at Alpine Chef, Red Dragon Brewery, and FredNats Stadium. It’s the prime excuse to drink and practice your German songs…while drinking.
- Virginia Cider Festival – The hard cider sensation is alive and well in Virginia, and Fredericksburg is no exception. The Virginia Cider Festival will be at Fredericksburg Fairgrounds, from 11:00am – 4:00pm. It’s the perfect reminder of how delicious Virginia cider is, particularly from our brand new Wild Hare Cider Pub.
- FXBG Brew Fest – As it turns out, the Virginia Cider is NOT the only event coming to Fredericksburg Fairgrounds…particularly not the only event with booze! The FXBG Brew Fest, with breweries from all over the region, will hit the town on October 8th from 11:00am-4:00pm. Enjoy great music, delicious food, and amazing beer.
Family Fun & Festivals:
- Nerf Mania – What was once the home of the Fredericksburg Nationals is now a desolate landscape for intense battle (nerfly speaking, of course). Bring kids of all ages to Nerf Mania on October 15th for a day of well-mannered nerf gun-toting.
- disAbility Resource Center Fall Family Festival – Mark your calendars for September 24th, when the extraordinary disAbility Resource Center will host their Fall Family Festival with activities for everyone!
- Riverfest – Riverfest at the City Dock on September 17th is the perfect way to celebrate the environment of our beloved city with BBQ, an Open Bar, and Live Music.
- Family Dance Night – Swing by the Dorothy Hart Community Center on October 7th and prepare for some fun, family dancing!
- Campout in the Park – Head to Motts Run Reservoir on October 14th for a campout with the whole family. Space is limited, so register early!
- Walk with a Hawk – Hike through Motts Run Reservoir, while learning about red-tailed hawk….while being joined by a red-tailed hawk.
- Scarecrow Fest – Through the month of October, scarecrows will be taking over the streets of downtown Fredericksburg. Vote for your favorite!
- Costume Stroll & Treats on the Street – Grab your costume and stroll the streets of downtown Fredericksburg for delicious sweets. From 10:00am to 12:00pm on October 29th, participating businesses will be handing out treats; you can find which businesses are participating by balloons outside.
- Halloween Movie Night – Swing by Riverfront Park on October 22nd to enjoy a spooky movie at night! Title to be determined.
Find out about many more Fredericksburg fall events here.