Labor Day celebrates the workforce in the United States, and rewards the workers’ diligence and determination. In other words, you deserve a Monday off! We are thrilled to offer some exciting activities for you to participate in this Labor Day weekend, September 1st-4th, and hope you will enjoy your Labor Day in Fredericksburg.
- Around the Town Trolley – If you have ever spent time in downtown Fredericksburg, you have almost certainly seen (or hopefully ridden!) our vintage trolley. Throughout the Summer, our trolley has been operating not only during the day, but on Friday and Saturday nights. In addition to taking a day tour of Fredericksburg on Labor Day weekend, enjoy the last evening trolley on Saturday, September 2nd, from 5:00pm-8:30pm.
- Art in the Park – On Saturday, September 3rd, the Fredericksburg Farmers Market will be hosting Art in the Park, welcoming local artists to showcase their gorgeous work with the community. Art in the Park is held every 1st and 3rd Saturday from May to October at the Farmers Market, and we are fortunate to have Art in the Park on Labor Day weekend.
- Otterly Amazing First Friday – One of our favorite monthly events, First Friday, is the perfect way to begin your Labor Day weekend. On September 1st, grab a Sip & Stroll beverage from participating businesses, and tour the creative, gorgeous art galleries of downtown Fredericksburg. But this September, there is so much more to enjoy on First Friday, from the final Sounds of Summer concert to the FredVends Artisan Market at Hurkamp Park.
- Fredericksburg Area Beer Trail – The breweries in Fredericksburg are consistently experimenting with new brews, as well as keeping their flagships on tap. Grab your FAB Trail passport and enjoy our wonderful breweries, including the recently opened Beer Garden at The Port Oysteria & Brewery (NOTE- the Beer Garden is the only area of The Port that is open to the public). Drink responsibly!
- Fredericksburg Nationals – From Friday to Sunday on Labor Day weekend, the FredNats will be facing off against the Lynchburg Hillcats at home. This series will be the last home games of the season, so book your tickets soon.
- History at Sunset – On Saturday September 2nd, meet at Shiloh Baptist Church (Old Site) for walking tour that covers the trials at trepidations of Reconstruction in Fredericksburg. The tour begins at 6:30pm.
- Learn Something New – Fredericksburg is full of history and knowledge, much of which is unknown to the general public. Our museums and Traipse Tours are the perfect way to learn more about this richly historical city.
- Rappahannock Adventures – The gorgeous Rappahannock River flows through Fredericksburg, and provides you with a number of fun outdoor adventures. Hike on the trails at the bank of the river, kayak or paddle board along the water, or keep a lookout for river otters; we cannot guarantee that you will see any otters, but it is definitely worth a look!
- Riverside Center for the Performing Arts – 42nd Street, the classic musical that celebrates Broadway, will hold some of its last shows this Labor Day weekend. Purchase tickets to enjoy dinner and a show at Riverside.
- Scavenger Hunts – The FXBG Otters scavenger hunts is a great way for you and your children to explore downtown Fredericksburg. Spot the adorable otter sculptures throughout the heart of downtown.
- UMW Downtown Welcome (and Roller Rink) – As UMW students return to Fredericksburg, there are a number of wonderful activities in store for them at the Downtown Welcome, including a Vintage Market, Scavenger Hunt, and, in the parking lot of the Fredericksburg Visitor Center, a Roller Skating Rink!
- Spend the day shopping. Downtown offers a variety of boutiques and local shops, making it the perfect place to discover one-of-a kind items.
Have a fantastic Labor Day, and enjoy your day off! Follow VisitFXBG on Facebook.